16 December 2008

What's Next on the Agenda?

The pitching just might be solved. I'm confident going forward with both the bullpen and the rotation. With or without Andy Pettite, our staff of C.C., Wang, A.J., Joba, & either Aceves, Hughes, or Kennedy is promising enough for me to stand pat, sit back, and monitor the market.

I am the lone voice on the web who suggests the same for the offense. Look, I don't need Tyler Kepner of the New York Times to tell me the Yankees probably won't get Manny or Texiera. My brain pretty much screams the answer to that question any time I see it posed. Texiera at first creates more problems going forward than people are willing to admit and whatever offense Manny brings, he subtracts when you've got him in LF and Damon in CF. It couldn't be more apparent once you're willing to think about it.

I also don't need him to tell me that Mike Cameron isn't the best baseball idea either. It's very rare indeed when you can acquire a 36 year old OF and consider it an upgrade. Cameron would've been great 3 years ago. He's a bad idea now. He's the same as Melky but with a better slugging percentage and a slightly better on-base percentage. Why pay 9 million and and change for that when you know he'll be just as available at the trading deadline and he'll probably cost much less.

It's December, folks. Let's wait it out and let the market come to us for once. My motto until Spring Training is: DO NOTHING. Don't get Manny. Don't get Tex. Don't get Pettite. Don't get Cameron. Take stock in what you've got and don't do a single thing.

There's enough there if you're willing to look...

No comments: