05 December 2008

Let's Play The Dating Game!


Sports Illustrated's Jon Heyman gives us a Winter Meeting Preview in his Daily Scoop. In it, an anonymous friend of C.C. Sabathia reveals two mystery suitors have offered up deals. These unnamed teams and unknown deals are indeed curious, but I have to think if they were substantial or attractive we'd know about them by now. It's not like there's been a lot of news lately on the Sabathia front.

Heyman also notes that Cashman expressed "heavy interest" in Derek Lowe when he met with Scott Boras yesterday. There's something very off-putting about the phrase "heavy interest" in this situation. The mental picture I get isn't pretty.

Seriously though, I am not enamored by Derek Lowe. There's nothing negative about the guy I can pin point though. His numbers, durability, and big game status is impressive. The worst thing I can come up with is his age, agent, and affiliation with Red Sox. I just don't like Lowe I guess.

No comments: