10 December 2008

Success!!

Yep. We got 'em. 7 years and 161 million reasons why the West Coast blows compared to life in the Big Apple.

Is he worth it? Time will tell, but I am very intrigued. In Sabathia we have the front-of-the-rotation ace we've lacked in God knows how long. And he's a lefty to boot. Oh and, he's 28.

The contract apparently has an opt out clause after 3 years of service. This detail has already been given the thumbs down by a rival anonymous GM saying that:

If he performs well, Sabathia will likely exercise the opt-out after the third year and become a free agent. If he does not perform well or is injured, the Yankees are on the hook for the rest of his contract.

Whatever, Theo. I like the opt out. It helps buy time to develop more arms if indeed C.C. tries to break the bank again in 2011 when he's 31. Despite this intense interest in starting pitching, I'm still operating under the assumption that the Yankees still have plans for a Hughes or a Kennedy. If he sucks..eh, I don't know, ask me again in three years. Let me enjoy this, okay?

No comments: