05 December 2008

Oh, No! A Mexican Standoff!!

Peter Gammons is elusive!

I keep seeing this little blurb on the ESPN news ticker that's accredited to Gammons. I'd like to link it for my readers, but seeing as I have gotten one response since I started this thing, (Thanks whoever you are. You are appreciated and loved.) I'm just going to give a brief rundown.

Gammons is reporting that Sabathia is waiting to see where Mark Texiera goes before he signs. Meanwhile, Derek Lowe isn't doing anything until C.C. sets the market.

Jeez, it's a good thing this isn't getting complicated.

It seems C.C. is specifically waiting to see if the Angels retain Texiera, as that kind of long-term deal would officially push the Angles out of the running to land the big man. The problem is, Mark Texiera is a Scott Boras client. Scott Boras isn't known for the speed and ease in which he conducts business and gets his clients signed.

No comments: